Will’s Yellowfin Tuna Poke
We served this delicious version of poke at the Saltscapes Expo last weekend to rave reviews! This is an amazing dish to serve on the upcoming warm summer nights! They are coming right? It’s quick to whip up for a fresh appetizer and sure to impress your friends and family.
- 1 lb raw sashimi-grade tuna, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 sheet of thinly sliced Sushi Nori
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds 4 teaspoons soy sauce, more or less to taste
- 4 teaspoons (20ml) soy sauce, more or less to taste
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon honey (or maple syrup), more or less to taste
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- Squirt of lime – or pinch of lime zest
- Pinch of fresh grated ginger
Cut tuna into small cubes and place into mixing bowl. Add sushi nori, scallions and green onions to the mix. In a small cast iron pan, gently toast sesame seeds, be sure not to burn them. In a separate mixing bowl, add soy sauce, sesame oil, honey or maple syrup, lime juice and/or zest (not too much), and a pinch of ginger.
Less is more. The fish should not be swimming in liquid. Rather, it should be lightly dressed, marinating the loin. Let the poke sit for at least 10 mins before serving. Serve with a side of cold rice, or with tortilla chips or crackers.
Visit our online shop to purchase:https://www.afishionado.ca/product/yellowfin-tuna-poke/