We are hiring!
Processing and Order Fulfillment
Afishionado Fishmongers is a community-minded provider of fresh and fresh-frozen seafood dedicated to bringing low impact fishing traditions back to the plates of consumers. We strive to build and maintain close relationships to those who catch and grow our fish, and work hard to help foster a fair, transparent, traceable, and sustainable exchange of seafood in the Maritimes.
Afishionado is currently recruiting an Order Fulfillment Provider and Processor to join our team. The position will be based out of our head office in Bedford, NS.
JOB TITLE: Order Fulfillment and Processing
JOB LOCATION: Based out of Bedford, NS
START DATE: March 1, 2021
EXPECTED SALARY: $16/hr, benefits included
HOURS AND TERMS EMPLOYMENT: 40 hours/week. Monday-Friday, 9-5, overtime may be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive daily fulfillment lists for retail and wholesale orders
- Execute and prepare fulfillment
- Process fish into retail packs and smaller portions, label accordingly
- Clean processing environments every day to conform to Canadian Food Inspection Agency standards
- Perform pre-operational and post operational checklists
- Preparing, processing, and packaging for our smoked fish line
- Brining, smoking, cooling, slicing, packing for our smoked salmon line
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate delivery van
- Receive supplier orders
- Food Handler’s Certificate
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a commercial kitchen or production environment
- Driver’s license and clean driving record, 5+ years
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self starter and takes initiative
- Basic math skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to be on your feet all day
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to lift 50 lb
- Previous customer service, retail, or restaurant experience
- Fast-paced environment, physically demanding, must be able to lift 50
- Must be comfortable with daily tasks changing ad hoc
Applications must include a cover letter and CV, emailed to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate has been found.