We are hiring!
Direct to Consumer Programming Lead
Afishionado Fishmongers is a community-minded provider of fresh and fresh-frozen seafood, dedicated to bringing low impact fishing traditions back to the plates of consumers. We strive to build and maintain close relationships to those who catch and grow our seafood, and work hard to help foster a fair, transparent, traceable, and sustainable exchange of seafood in the Maritimes.
Afishionado Fishmongers is currently recruiting a Direct to Consumer Programming lead to join the team at our head office in Bedford, NS. The position is focused on growing our direct-to-consumer sales, both through online and bricks-and-mortar retail. With a newly launched website, Afishionado is seeking an individual with extensive web experience (i.e. optimization and design, social media management, production of virtual marketing materials). A major branch of the website is a new home delivery subscription box program that the incumbent will oversee. It is therefore vital that the candidate can combine their online skills with a knowledge of mass marketing strategies to grow the base of subscribers to grow the program out of region. The successful applicant will also be responsible for supervising the Sustainable Seafood Ambassador intern as well as Market staff to ensure that day-to-day tasks run smoothly. An interest in viral marketing techniques, social media, consumer engagement, and strategizing customer growth is critical to success in this position.
Deadline to apply for this position is July 16th 2021.
JOB TITLE: Direct to Consumer Programming Lead
JOB LOCATION: Bedford, NS
START DATE: Aug 1, 2021
EXPECTED SALARY: Competitive salary based on experience
HOURS AND TERMS EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, Monday-Friday 8am-4pm. Overtime may be required. Benefits provided.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Day to day management and fulfillment of Afishionado retail operations such as the subscription box program, online sales, and bricks-and-mortar retail.
- Warehouse Market retail partner day management and communications.
- Email and phone communications with customers.
- Design and completion of SOPs when needed.
- Web optimization and design.
- Execute creative solutions related to retail marketing needs (In-store communication/Windows/store layout/Product Imagery), from briefing to design, planning, production, and distribution.
- Design of marketing materials, as needed.
- Drive the retail marketing strategy and have a holistic approach to retail marketing from in-store communication, visual merchandising, and store design.
- Developing and executing an educational approach to marketing, while we focus on the sustainability of our products.
- Management of retail staff and scheduling.
- Lead, develop, coach and manage retail intern and co-op.
- Other tasks as may be assigned by Afishionado.
- Food Safety Handling
- Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Marketing, Commerce, Marine Biology, Graphic Design, Environmental science, or the equivalent
- Computer skills and website design skills necessary
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Performing physical activities
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to lift 45 lb
- Day to day management of the website
- Design of marketing materials when needed
- Knowledge in seafood certification schemes and seafood sustainability
- Knowledge of local fisheries and aquaculture
- Customer service experience
- Marketing experience
- Most time spent in office, but may be called to the floor from time to time, or off-premises events
- Lots of interaction with customers
Applications must include a cover letter and CV, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until July 16th 2021.