Afishionado is a community-minded fishmongers that is dedicated to bringing the fishing traditions of Nova Scotia back to the plates of consumers. For us, knowing the story behind the fish we sell is important. We follow Ocean Wise www.oceanwise.ca/ certification as our main guide, a classification that ensures responsibility to a fishery’s abundance and catch method. Any Afishionado products that don’t have that certification, such as our wild Atlantic halibut and cod, are fished using hook and line caught methods. As much as possible we maintain close relationships with those who catch our fish, and work hard to help foster a fair, transparent and sustainable exchange of seafood in the Maritimes from the ocean all the way to your plate. We are looking to add a dedicated delivery driver to our team.
Salary $15.00/hr, 35 hours a week
Hours Tuesday – Friday, hours will vary
Terms of Employment: Full Time
Work Conditions: Fast-paced environment, physically demanding, must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Work Location: Based in Halifax, driving to different parts of the Maritimes regularly.
Driver’s license required. Various Locations
Job Brief: We are looking for an enthusiastic and responsible individual to promote Afishionado products to existing and potential restaurant customers. This will require distributing products promptly and safely to Afishionado customers while providing them with exceptional customer experience. You will also be responsible for retrieving product from suppliers throughout the Maritimes. You will represent Afishionado in a professional and knowledgeable manner with the aim to supplying HRM restaurants and individuals with the best sustainably sourced seafood available.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Must have been driving for 5 + years.
• Restaurant/Retail or food service experience as asset.
• Capacity to use Excel, Word and basic software set up functions, data entry.
• Regular driving experience.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Basic math skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills by telephone, in written form, e-mail, in person and text
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Performing physical activities
• Ability to work autonomously
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Plan out route daily and adapt plan to account for changes in schedule that arise during the day.
• Communicate with suppliers and headquarters about last minute pick ups and drop offs.
• Communicate with courier services, when needed.
• Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate delivery van.
• Perform pre trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle.
• Complete logs and reports: including temperature logs and vehicle maintenance logs.
Such other tasks as may be assigned by Afishionado from time to time. Apply with a Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com