The Warehouse Market is hiring!
Located in a converted industrial building in the heart of North End Halifax, the Warehouse Market is a thriving local food hub.
We are searching for someone who is organized, enjoys a lot of interaction with customers and is passionate about selling high quality, real food.
The Warehouse is a collaborative initiative of Holdanca Farm (pastured meat); Afishionado (seafood); and Abundant Acres (produce). It has grown over the last 2 years, and we expect it will grow even more.
This position requires an ability to handle just about every aspect of running a store:
- Retail experience an asset
- Knowledge of food and food systems an asset
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to lift 45 lb
- Collect payments via cash and card from customers
- Direct customers in Farm Share and Catch of the Week pick-up
- Re-stock products as needed
- Communicate with all three primary vendors regarding stock status of products, and customers’ questions.
- Help grow the market, especially on Fridays and Saturdays
- Maintain a clean and friendly atmosphere
- Help fine tune WH Market checklist and SOPs
- Such other tasks as may be assigned by the WH Market from time to time.
This job will be 28-35 hrs/week, permanent, with pay of $15/hr. We are hoping to hire by the first week of March.
Please email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com with subject line: