We’re hiring a Product Delivery and Order Fulfillment Provider!
Afishionado Fishmongers is a community-minded provider of fresh and fresh-frozen seafood dedicated to bringing low impact fishing traditions back to the plates of consumers. We strive to build and maintain close relationships to those who catch and grow our fish, and work hard to help foster a fair, transparent, traceable, and sustainable exchange of seafood in the Maritimes.
Afishionado is currently recruiting a Delivery Driver/Order Fulfillment Provider to join our team. The position will be based out of our head office in Halifax, NS, but day to day activities will be across the HRM with weekly driving across Nova Scotia and potentially New Brunswick.
JOB TITLE: Order fulfillment and delivery driver
JOB LOCATION: Based out of Halifax, NS, with travel
START DATE: ASAP
EXPECTED SALARY: $15/hr.
HOURS AND TERMS EMPLOYMENT: 40 hours/week. Monday-Friday, 9-5, overtime may be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan out route daily and adapt plan to account for changes in schedule that arise during the day
- Communicate with suppliers and headquarters about last minute pick ups and drop offs.
- Communicate with courier services as needed
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate delivery van
- Perform pre trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Complete and maintain vehicle and temperature logs and reports
- Driver’s license and clean driving record, 5+ years
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Basic math skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills by telephone, in written form, e-mail, in person and text
- Capacity to use Word, Excel, and basic software functions for data entry
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Performing physical activities
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to lift 50 lb
- Previous customer service, retail, or restaurant experience
- Knowledge of NS/HRM geography (i.e. restaurant locations, other cities and towns, etc.)
- Fast-paced environment, physically demanding, must be able to lift 50
- Must be comfortable with daily tasks changing ad hoc
Applications must include a cover letter and CV, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate has been found.